13 July 2012

Intonation conveys your feeling


Intonation = the rising and falling sounds of the voice when speaking.

Language conveys very specific information, such as how to get somewhere or what someone is doing. It can be also used beyond the exact meaning of the words to indicate how the speaker feels about what he is saying, or how he personally feels at that moment.

Above source--> http://www.5minuteenglish.com/jun12.htm


So make sure you use the correct intonation to avoid other people interpreting what you said wrongly and leads to misunderstanding. I don't know about other people but I think I usually understand the meaning of people's true thoughts to my questions just by listening to his/her intonation when answering. 1 of the strength I have in myself when I did the StrengthFinder test is "empathy" and it means I have a strong sense of understanding people's emotions around me. So yeah, use your intonation correctly if you don't want me to know how you truly feel when you talk to me, otherwise I will know your exact feeling. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment